Steve W

Core Sound 20 Mark III #3 "Jazz Hands"

I haven't seen the drawings you are referring to, so I misunderstood your question.  I'm sorry about that.

Dang it, now I'm confused also.  We are probably both overthinking this.

Once your boat is upright again and you start laying out the pieces of wood that guide the tape all the confusion will go away and it will make sense.  It is one of those processes that is hard to describe in writing, but is easy to do in person.

OK, I took the easy way out and taped a line at the waterline using a laser level. The big reason is I didn't have enough room to extend the V shaped pieces wide enough in my shop. We'll get that step done when she's on the trailer. I flipped the hull (getting easy now!) and painted the sides and then below the waterline. The hull is a nice grey. Super happy with the color.

FWIW, I wanted to use a 2 part poly due to it's fuel resistance. I wound up using Interlux Perfection. On the bottom I used VC-17 (freshwater paint)1184445595_2018-11-0412_11_49.thumb.jpg.37f1faa3a61cad05e22f5acd9ebf8bcc.jpg over a 2000E epoxy coating. Tonight I start putting fittings on permanently. Yay!

• Like 1

Shes coming out Saturday morning. .... it's all lined up. She's painted (pics soon) and a new basement door is waiting to be put in. Sawzall and Vaseline might be required!

• Thanks 1

YAY!!! Hope ya don't need the Sawzall! I heard of a guy once who actually built a boat in his living room and had to cut a hole in his wall to get it out.

Well it didn't happen. I got a nasty cold that had me horizontal for four days and then we got over a foot of snow Thursday night. So I postponed the extraction until the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I'm still not 100% so we will wait. Since the soonest I could launch is mid April or later we aren't going to rush it.