Fishing SOF - Stonefly vs. Castaway

PISTON HEAD

Hello, from a first-time poster! I'm looking for a fishing boat to build, and I like the idea of SOF because of it's relative low cost, light-weight and pleasing-to-the-eyes design. My main decision point is which of these would be best suited for my situation. Here's what I'm referring to: 65 yrs old and a lot of my 230 lbs in the top-half of my 6'2" frame; arthritis in both knees, and limited flexibility; virtually all of my fishing will be Southern & Central Calif lakes. Stonefly is best paddled from a kneeling position, but mine won't take it; Castaway is a kayak, and I'd be sitting on the bottom of the boat. Both will provide me best stability the lower I sit, but both have the potential of being painful enough to try to get out of (knees) that I'm afraid it would just sit unused in favor of a SOT Tupperware boat, that I can just slide myself onto and off of. Any ideas??

Hey Piston Head -- I cannot give you much insight as yet.  I've just finished lashing my Castaway and have tested getting in and out with it sitting on pillow and bumpers in living room.  My brother, who also has damaged knees, has a SOT plastic boat and he struggles to get on and off it.  Castaway does have a larger, open cockpit.  I cannot see much difference between it and SOT one as far as getting in and out.

Perhaps others with more experience will respond.  However, it really is a question that only you can answer.