You know some days... version 2

Wild_Dingo

You are just soooooooooo glad you got OUT of bed!!... days when EVERYTHING seems to go RIGHT? Well I had one of them days today! :lol:

WHAT A CORKER!! A flamin rip snorter bobby dazzler of a day! 8)

Went for a drive to a place called Binningup about 40 minutes south of here to a TIMBER auction! and mates WHAT AN AUCTION it was!! flamin ripper! 8)

There was Jarrah Blackbutt Marri Spotted Gum English Oak SheOak Mallaluca Woody Pear Banksia Blue Gum Spotted Gum Peppermint and funnily enough Snotty Gobble!... oooohhh mates talk about timber heaven!! 8)

Now I missed on much of the good stuff like the 7mtr x 1mtr wide x 40cm thick beautiful figured Marri slabs and the wonderously gorgeous Rose Gum... but I did score wonderfully with the SheOak!! 7 lovely dry boards 3.7mtrs x 590 x 40 and I didnt spend as much as I or the lovely missus expected!! actually came home with more than I spent!! Now THAT is something! :lol:

fc1667ac.jpg

The lovely missus was extatic when I showed her the colors and figuring in these boards!... See she seems to have a weird idea that theres a new sheoak and tuart dining table in her future... its gonna be soooo hard to disappoint her!! :lol: I couldnt say that to her this arvo simply cause she was so happy with the buy that it would have been a shame and hey she was so happy with my timber buy she was smilin and huggin and such why spoil that??!! Some days are just perfek! :lol:

ooohhh somedays life is GOOD!! 8)

sorry Paul but it was a ripper of a day... may tomorrow give you the same type of day as I had today mate! 8)

Sounds great Shane- but just HOW are ya gonna tell her later? huh? ever think about that mate??

I guess the yin and yang of the universe means that for each toilet bowl day there has to be a gorgeous one to off set it. Otherwise the entire universe would get out of kilter and slide off into a black hole or summthin :lol:

Mate I will catch her at one of her moments of total inattention to my words and slip it into the conversation when she will miss what was said then when I start to make something for the boat with it and she screams rants and raves I can calmly say "But darls I told yer this is what it was for dontcha remember?" :D

Either that or just make the something for the boat and leave it to the fates :wink:

Im thinking that now Ive got the spokes made with Jarrah which is a deep red timber and Im thinking of the spacers in Tuart which is a white timber Im considering using some of this well grained SheOak for the ring... sounds fine I reckon 8)

Yesterday was great today is so so... lets leave the ying and yang of tomorrow to sort itself out eh?! :P