2014 Mess-about

LennieG

A couple questions on Mess-About and an offer. I am getting in early afternoon Thursday alone. Is there a pub or somewhere you guys tend to hang out at night? Hoping to run into some people. I have Friday all day and as I explained to Carla I am glad to provide labor/help to Graham or anyone that needs it on Friday all day (or Thursday afternoon). Hoping to see and catch a ride in a CS17 and one of the motor boats over the weekend.

look forward to this weekend!

My cell 239-273-2234

Another quick question. My wife and I will attend for our first time.  We will be there for Saturday afternoon and evening. 

We have two, polite but active Golden Retrievers.  Would we be able to have the dogs with us at the event? 
They can stay in the pick up bed, but will want to swim and run.  Comments?

Thanks, Greg

Things I would have my eye on if I was there, besides having a great time with other B & B enthusiasts:

That sweet CS20 mark III Doug is bringing:

- How long does it take to rig?

- Can a 6 footer sit against the bulkhead down below?

- How does the canvas cabin door work?

- How does it sail against other CS 17 and 20's

Grahams CS17 Mark III:

- details/pictures on that motor mount modification

Other mark III curiosities:

- How hard is it to cast a centerboard tip out of lead?

Have fun everyone!

Take Care,

Steve

Pauline and I, Richard will be attending the 2014 Messabout. We will be seeing our Core Sound 15 kit prototype for the first time except for Alan Stewarts kool videos. The "Amazing Grace" will be in the water for all to see and join us in a sail. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

We will be staying at the Oriental Marina and Inn. If there are 30 days total rentals for the mess about a 10% discount would effect your bill.

Going to take us all day to get there from Charlotte, hope to be there for dinner.

Cheers,

I'm coming down from Virginia Beach for the day on Saturday-- Have church obligations on Sunday and kids obligations Friday night-- so it will be a quick trip.

If anyone in the Hampton Roads area is planning a similar day trip to the Messabout, I wouldn't mind a passenger.

Click on my picture at left, then click "send a private message" (high and to the right) to let me know if you're interested, and we'll work out the details.

My plan is to arrive at Maribel by 10am and get back to VB in the 8:00-10:00pm range.

Finally got to launch CS 17 # 204  "Petunia"  today at the Messabout ! I spent most of the past week at Graham's shop getting her ready for the big splash, and she was christened with a 40 year old bottle of wine made by my Grand father 40 years ago.....Plenty of wind to give her a good trial run, and she handled beautifully. Hopefully some of the other folks taking pix can post some so I'll get to see what she looked like on the water.

post-539-0-96598700-1414380194_thumb.jpg