Spindrift 11 - Help selling

prelude

Was in the water once. Discovered I was a builder not a sailor.

I wonder if you would be willing to elaborate on what happened that convinced you. The wrong conditions can make a non sailor out of almost anyone. Conversely the right conditions can make a sailor out of almost anyone.

A bit off the topic of value but that's OK................. About to turn 70, lost a lot of flexibility over the years and have a previously built power boat that handles my fishing needs. Figure that sailing is a bit like smoking. Some find it pleasurable but it seems like a lot of fussing with not much accomplished. Now I've irritated the rest of the board. 

Figure that sailing is a bit like smoking. Some find it pleasurable but it seems like a lot of fussing with not much accomplished.

Well, I quit smoking 13 years ago and don't miss it at all.  I couldn't quit sailing if I had to.  As to the "not much accomplished", you seem to be assuming that sailors even try to accomplish anything.  My goal each time is to get back to the mooring, ramp or dock.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm not positive, but I believe I'm the one that bought Prelude's Spindrift that was for sale. Our family has been having a great time with it the last few days. We live on a small lake so it's been out every day. It's too nice to get dirty! I'll have to post some pictures of it.

Are there any sailing clubs for small day sailers like this in the Seattle area? I thought it might be fun to get out there and try it, even though I'm sure I would be be bringing up the rear.