Stonefly Build

• 3 months later...

Sorry, just saw this, been in winter hibernation, meaning I have been working on getting my ski patrol re-certification done (never take a 3 year break again, they make you redo the entire training process, ugh).  Only 4 weeks left til final testing day though...

Taking Jeff's advice I bought a pair of canvas pliers and used a block of wood to protect the underlying wood.  Make sure your staples are long enough to penetrate the fabric and the wood, I think I used 1/2" all the way around the boat, I also bought the pneumatic stapler that Jeff recommends, pretty cheap and worked flawlessly.  Then I bent some aluminum strip around the stem and stern, screwed that to the frames and filled in the gaps with silicon.  After some light sanding of the silicon I painted the whole thing and you cannot tell how the stem and stern were done at all.

I used the 11 ounce poly from Jeff, can really crank on that stuff and not worry about it opening up.