Searing Polyester Fabric

ttkayaker

I used a regular soldering/woodburning iron with a very fine woodburning tip on it that I bent into a hook.  All I had to do then was put the hook tip through the fabric and pull towards me....worked great.  The soldering iron was one of the cheap hobby versions sold at the big box hobby stores.

I used a regular soldering/woodburning iron with a very fine woodburning tip on it that I bent into a hook.  All I had to do then was put the hook tip through the fabric and pull towards me....worked great.

That sounds like a great idea! I guess I should have added I started out with a Weller Soldering Gun with the cutting tip on it. It was slow to warm up and slow cutting compared to what I am using now, but it worked. Just not at the ligthening speeds this one does.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...