Carla Byrnes

I talked with Carla yesterday. She is doing MUCH better. She is off of anti-biotics now and the infection is gone. She has 5 sets of plates, screws, and rods in her neck, but---this is hard to believe---she has a full range of motion!. And NO PAIN! She is able to eat normally now, and it "all comes out the way it is supposed too." She has lost a lot of weight through her ordeal. She feels good but is still very weak. Her main job now is to build up her strength and endurance to the point that she can begin physical therapy. She still has more surgery to come on her lower back. (Still pain in her lower back, That was where she was originally supposed to have the surgery until tests indicated a very dangerous situation in her neck.) This will happen, maybe, in December.

She is back in he office trying to get everything back on track---including Graham. Her computer went down just as she got back, and they went through a period when the phone system was "off line". Who did I just hear saying "When it rains, it pours."? Beth was a great help in getting out plans and such.

Carla is very thankful to all of of you for your concerns, well wishes, and prayers. She said that there were literally thousands of people, church groups, and friends praying for her, and she credits this for her recovery from a very dangerous and trying situation. Thank you to all of you. And most of all, thanks to God!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I am back - sort of. 

First of all Thank You all a million-fold for all of the prayers and good wishes.  I know that they helped.

I am now back home and working in the office for a few hours a day.  I am still incredibly weak and very frustrated with my limitations - both physical and those imposed by the good doctors.  I can now walk unassisted on level ground, but am still struggling with steps at the end of the day.  I have started Physical Therapy, so hope  to get stronger day by day.  The med folks say 6-8 weeks at least....I am aiming for 6 weeks at most. 

Meanwhile everything takes 5 times longer than before.  I'm still dealing with a little C5 palsy, which makes writing, typing and turning pages difficult. I drop things a lot, It is very unnerving.   I beg everyone's indulgence with my slowness...it will get better day by day. 

Several of you have mentioned the Mess About.... but Graham has not kept a list.  I will start a new string so I can get a head count.  We have some new things to offer this year.  I will try to get that started by tomorrow.

again to one and all

THANK YOU!

Carla

• Like 1