Carla Byrnes

Graham, I have been out of touch with the forum for a couple of weeks and was not aware of Carla's medical problems when I spoke with you yesterday.  Please pass along to her my belated best wishes for a speedy and full recovery and the same for the second stage.

Jerry Hall

Gayle and I are very pleased Carla is doing well.  Not surprised, though.  Woe be it unto anyone who would be foolish enough to tell her otherwise.  Spunky as she in in a small package, it will be interesting to see her when all this is complete and she winds up 5 ft 9 in.

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Chick,

Carla is still very weak. She is healing from the surgery just fine but she is having dfficulty keepig food down. She had an urge for a turkey sub the other night. I got one for her and she got about 3" down but it all ended up in the buket within 5 minutes.

I am not very medically astute which is why she is staying with Beth, the doctors say that she has picked up a type of ecoli that is very resistant to antibiotics. She is allergic to one of the only two that can touch it.

So sorry to hear of her problems.The nausea is an awful thing to deal with when you are in pain already. (I know this first hand.) It's even worse when you crave something good to eat.

Is the other antibiotic helping?

I understand about the "medically astute" part myself. I'm a terrible nurse. We'll continue praying for a speedy and full recovery. 

Please keep us all up to date---we all care!

Having gone through similar with my other half a few years back, prepare yourself for a long recovery period Graham. She's get a little frustrated with the restrictions the doctors put on her and not being allowed to drive will be the worst, if she's at all like my woman. Best of luck my friend and our prayers are with you. Take her for a drive into the country or along the shore, so she can get out of the house. She'll still wish she could  "fend for herself" in regard to the car, but the change of scenery really helped my sweetheart, even if I was just a surrogate.

It pays to check the general, "messing-about" site once in a while rather than just reading about your Carlita build and gawking at pictures.  I was just about ready to send a message to Carla when I noticed the posting about her surgery and recovery. Very sorry to think of her struggling with pain and infection when we would all like to think of her as being out and about and enjoying the summer.  I pray for the best, quickest recovery possible for her and for the patience to deal with the difficulties in the meantime.

Please continue to keep us updated on her progress.

Hal (aka IsZataRock)