Carla Byrnes

Carla is going into the hospital at Duke Univ. in the next few days  (fri. I think) for back and neck surgery.  May be we can pray for the Doctor to have the good lord assisting them in there work and she has a good outcome and a quick recovery.  Both Carla and Graham have been good to me and I am sure it has taken a toll on Graham 

• Like 1

I want to thank everyone for their support and well wishes. Carla got out of surgery at around 5 pm yesterday. The doctor said that everything went well. Marissa and I drove home after they moved her from the post-op to a room. She as alert and able to communicate and all of her vitals looked good. Beth is staying with her. She can come home in three to five days depending on her recovery rate.

The bad news is that they were originally going to repair the upper and lower spine at the same time but decided the the upper was so bad that they addressed it first and she will have to go back for a second round once they deem her to be ready. She will be convalescing for a long time.

Marissa is home from college and will be running the office as best as she can. I want to thank everyone in advance for their patience.

• Like 3

Glad to hear that part 1 of Carla's surgery went well.  Sorry to hear that 1 & 2 couldn't go together.  Please tell her that our thoughts continue with her.  

I seem to remember that Marissa has been pretty good at running the office.  I'm sure she'll be up to speed fairly quickly.

I presume you were involved w/ the college setting up the next class start for Tuesday, Sept. 23rd.

Please let me know if there is any way I/we can be of assistance.

John & Carolyn