Hey Mike Pennington

Mark Gudschinsky

I hope to roll Sanddragonn over this weekend. Anybody want to come and help. lol I think I have enough help to do this. I will try to have my other half take pics with the digital camera during this process. I have the boat up on some tall horses to do finish work on the inside of her. I am going to seal up the forward compartment to see if it will work to keep it from floating so low if and when I put her over on her side.

Mike, it's about time you shed some light on the subject. :lol:

I always thought your boat looked like one of the old Ironclad ships from the Cival War. They didn't have port lights either.

SS. Monitor :wink:

Just foolin' with ya. Your port lights look good. I've been working on my portlight rings now off and on for a month. I've got three coats of varnish over Rosewood stain. Just three more coats of varnish to go. :

Bob 8)

Mike,

Sailing sounds like fun. I've been wondering how exactly it works. I would be good to hear how from someone who actually knows and has a boat with similar rigging.

I've been getting regular Harding Lake updates (I've a brother with a cabin out there.) We usually spend at least part of the holiday at the lake to get the first ski of the year in and to put in the dock. If there is still some ice we may not get the dock in but it wouldn't be the fist time we had to dodge ice on the first ski.

Give me a call and I'll make sure you have my cell number, there will be hot food and beverages of what ever temperature available and possibly a dock to tie up to.

Mark,

Buddy old Pal! Harding is perfect for our boats. Good wind.

Heres my e-mail address jmpenn@gci.net Say the time and I'll do my best. I work graveyard shift Thursday night till Monday morning, but I have taken a lot of time off for this summer. When Harding goes soft, I'll show you my way to sail and you can make up your own as you go along. You can learn on my boat. Best way is to take the helm and see what happens :roll:

The Vacationer is a very stable boat, and from what I understand the Weekender is the same. I think the designs are excellent to learn in. You made a good choice with the Weekender in my openion for the stated above reason and also because I believe the boat would be perfect for some of Alaska's out of way lakes.

Hidden Lake on the kenai Penninsula near Skilak Lake is on my list this Aug. Nice cabin to keep the mosquito's off, or the rain out, what more can a skipper ask for? Besides a full ice cooler :lol: I am thinking of sailing Paxson Lake in July, one other boat attending so far on both camping trip sails. I got an itch for Homer's Ketckimak Bay, too.