Launch day Long Shot

Took out Long Shot for a shake down cruise. Boy does she paddle nice. Different than my plastic bath tub, a lot less resistance, much quicker. My wife followed in the Vardo. We went to a pond with a dozen people in plastic kayaks paddling around.

People were stopping us on the pond "is that home made"? "they are beautiful"

My wife -"my husband made these for us",  me "yes I did" them -"did you design them" no I got the plans from Jeff  go to kudzucraft.com get the plans and build one your self. this is going to be  a great summer.

post-3673-0-78899200-1403486020_thumb.jpegpost-3673-0-47977500-1403486039_thumb.jpeg

http://s850.photobucket.com/user/John_Casanova/library/?sort=3&page=1post-3673-0-54696600-1403486570_thumb.jpg

John,  I like your long shot!  You did a real nice job, and boy, that's a Long Boat!

Tell me again the covering system you used...was it 11oz poly coated with marine varnish?  It's got an appealing color to it!

I also wonder how the Long Shot compares with you wife's Vardo.  Are they real similar in speed, or is their a noticeable difference?  

Brooks

• Like 1

John,  I like your long shot!  You did a real nice job, and boy, that's a Long Boat!

Tell me again the covering system you used...was it 11oz poly coated with marine varnish?  It's got an appealing color to it!

I also wonder how the Long Shot compares with you wife's Vardo.  Are they real similar in speed, or is their a noticeable difference?  

Brooks

I like the Varnish I used It is Ace Hardware brand Marine varnish it has a nice rich color I will paint  my fire fly this week with it

Long shot is faster, I can't tell by how much, Vardo is wider and shorter both are much better than our plastic models