Tandem SOF

Welyjr

Cape Falcon recently started selling SOF tandem plans.  I think they are the only tried and field-tested tandem SOF plans except for the Gentry Chuckanut. The plans are relatively expensive and require cutting and bending a lot of ribs, which is harder than just cutting a few frames.  But beggars can't be choosers.

I built and paddled the Chuckanut with my wife for a number of years.  It is a great boat, particularly for beginners.  It is over 30 inches wide and stable as a barge - but inexplicably fast.  My wife graduated to a solo, but still likes the tandem for longer paddles.  Having gotten used to a solo, she is ready to trade a little stability for a narrower easy to paddle kayak.  The Cape Falcon seems to fit the bill, except I think it is too long for maneuverability and garage storage. There is extra room between paddlers which I will shorten.  It will be my next build absent a KudzuCraft alternative.

P.s.  Great quote from Abyssdncr's buddy! 

• Like 1