October B&B Messabout -- who's going?

cprinos

It's a couple of months away, but I figure not to soon to start thinking about the messabout.... There's no way I'll have my boat ready to bring down to North Carolina this year, but I did get find some decent flights so I decided to make the trip down to check out some other boats and get some inspiration.  I've never been to NC before, so I'm looking forward to it.

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Pending good weather, I'm thinking about driving up with my daughter Bella again. This time, we might skip bringing the boat -- last year it was a bit overwhelming trying to manage launching/retrieving boat and keep track of a 2-year-old at the same time. Anyone else attending who might be willing to take on a well-behaved crew of 2 for a sail?

Wes

I will be there, but regrettably "Petunia" CS 17 #204 is still not ready for traveling. Still have some rigging to do, etc. So like a few others posting here, I'll be hoping to hitch some rides during the weekend. I'm thinking of bringing down my staysail in the event anyone with a CS 17 would like to try one out (AND if the weather cooperates...).

I also had a thought I'd like to throw out: maybe we could find some time to get together (late Sat afternoon/evening?) and hold some sort of a "live" builders forum where those of us still various stages of building/completion could get together and pick the brains of anyone willing to join in ? I know I have a few rigging questions, and I'm sure that others have specific stages they'd like more information about.

Does this sound like something anyone might be interested in?

My wife, Peggy, and I will be there.  We will be driving up from Jekyll Island, Ga..  That's a long trip for old people.  We will be staying in Oriental at River Neuse Suites.  As soon as we get checked in, we will head to Maribel.  Is our hope to be in time for dinner at Little Italy on Saturday.

Ken Harris

Its still up in the air for me. Don the fisherman would like to come again and work over the sea trout! Also another friend would like to come. I probably won't decide until the last moment.

Ricks Belhaven is calling to me also!!!!!

Would love to see Graham and Carla again, along with talking to Peter about his 28.

Anyone that is on the bubble about making the trip and hasn't before, make the jump, there is a lot of nice and interesting people at this gathering.

Scott