Outer Banks 20 #24 Progress Thread

striperick

• 1 month later...

Hello! I live in Ukraine. I want to watch with great interest for your work. This boat is very beautiful. Ithas similarities with this project.

. I want to buy on this site drafthttp://bandbyachtdesigns.com/ob-20/, now in Ukrainenow is not a very good time for such purchases. Youwill succeed. you did well. Have a good day!

Thank you Trev

I have been following your build as well.  

Not much to report here but the temperatures are going to start being in my favor for painting. That stuff is nasty in the garage. 

Prime, longboard sand .  Prime longboard sand  arghhhhh .   chasing the hollow spots ....  all epoxy primer 

I have all the confidence in the world to follow Grahams waterline location. 

I am thinking of at least getting one coat of bottom paint on now ( or maybe both) while she is upside down    . Is this the right approach ?  I have heard good things about petit hyrdo coat for my intended area. it is ablative and friendly to boats w/ bunks.

Then paint the sides. Make small adjustments w/ boot stripe later . Would I be better off w/ the bottom paint too low (under the waterline slightly )  ? I would think i could always scuff topsides a little and add bottom paint as I probably will end slightly heavier than graham designed. 

Always looking foward for advice. 

Thanks 

post-3355-0-15495000-1457047617_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

WOW!  You're going to have a great looking boat!

I am up top the floor stage at the moment and was wondering if you (or anyone else) could shed some light on what weight of cloth should be used to glass over the ply floor. I was thinking of using the same as the bottom and sides (12Oz) but don't want to go add any extra weight if I don't have to. Maybe if it is only for abrasion reasons,..... 6Oz?

Trev

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

JP

Life has been busy. A wedding for my daughter , a first time grandfather ( from my son )  and I am now self employed all happening this summer.  When the work comes in "I  have to make hay while the sun shines" . I have not given up.  Keen to be building again has past me and you will probably will too LOL .