WoodenBoat Show - who's going?

cprinos

I will be in Charleston, SC - Goose Creek Naval Weapons Station - to attend my granddaughter's graduation from Nuclear Engineering A school. In addition to congratulating her I will be congratulating the U. S. Navy for transforming a total flake head blond girl into an inspection ready MM3 Petty Officer USN.

For those who can make it Graham's family boat build gig is a work of art. I caught a view of that in Washington, NC at ricknriver's show. Fun!

Hokey, congrats to your granddaughter (?) That is one of the most difficult programs to get through in the Navy.  I know from personal experience.  The standards are very high as is the drop out rate.  Next I guess is prototype school.  I did 9 years, 5 on subs.  It served me well when I got out.  You can tell her from me that when she is done with school any university classes will never be as demanding or difficult and she should sign up for classes whenever she can, well worth it.  Again congrats to her and her classmates.

Ex Navy Nuc

Jim

Thank you, Jim

Yep, it's a tough course for sure. She has the math brain but as I mentioned, kind of a flake head. I think "power" is her next brain test, a class that lasts several months. I'm betting she sails through that one as well - she is proud of her "crows".