Cell-O-Fill

Howard

I know what you are saying Paul. I worked in Medical Device Sales industry for 40 years and am aware that manufactuerers cover their butts on documentation and some of it is blurry and useless. I will say this tho. I started with a good supply of cell-o-fill (sp) and then switched to mostly Colloical Silica (sp) for convenience because if I I needed it it was available locally. Mistake.

I didn't put respirator on for first 9 months of 18 month build. Mistake.

Had I read and believed the MSDS documentation and taken it seriously I would not have done that.

Be careful boys.

Moving air in the direction you're not breathing is the easiest way to handle dust. This simply means a hooded fan or blower, to cause a negative air flow at the work area. Before dust extraction, I used a 20" box fan with a 18" plastic corrugated hose duct taped to it. The hose was placed next to the work and the fan sucked off the dust as I sanded. It is a pain in the butt to have to move the hose around as you progress with the work, but it will deposit the dust elsewhere, which is a whole 'nother issue.

77897d1358382033-nancy-g-surfboat-lifebo

A simple dust extraction hose, sucking off dust, near the work.

86953d1385874573-nancy-g-surfboat-lifebo

Same hose with a hood.

86954d1385874610-nancy-g-surfboat-lifebo

Get mean and hook up something that can move some air.

87012d1386107245-nancy-g-surfboat-lifebo

Don't be afraid to make a HOOD, if you need to. A particulate filter and sucking off air, is the easy way.