MESSIN WITH CHICK - LEVI’S FIRST SAIL

MESSIN' WITH CHICK -  LEVI’S FIRST SAIL

NOTE: i'VE BEEN ADDING STORIES UNDER "MESSING WITH CHICK" AND THEY JUST ADD ON TO THAT ONE THREAD. iF YOU MISSED THEM---GO BACK. FROM NOW ON i'LL ADD THEM AS A NEW TOPIC.

Summer Breeze wanted to take me sailing yesterday. What a gorgeous day! This is the first chance she's had to kick-up-her-heels a bit. Sure hope it's like this for the mess-about we’re planning in a couple of weeks! It was the first time sailing for my 15 year old grandson, Levi. He helped "Breezy" to get ready at the ramp and got to steer as we got away from the dock. (The kicker was in charge of the power department at the time.)Then, on the way out of the creek to the Neuse river, we had a nice "summer-like" breeze to guide us along under sail. Things were great all the way out of the creek and into the river, until a mess of clouds drifted across the sun. You know how it is with sailing this time of year---gusts, wind direction change, HEELING. "This things gonna turn over!!!" was Levi's mantra as the day wore on

Somehow we managed to partake of our mid-day feast of Vienna sausage, crackers, soda, and cookies. How he managed to eat while holding on with both hands and both legs, I'll never know! Well, teen-aged boys will ALWAYS find a way to eat. Eventually we made it back. Levi allowed as to it being "kinda fun". Summer Breeze got to try out her new rigging mods, and I'm now confident that we can make it through the mess-about without problems.

Well, here it is time for the mess-about. Typical---rained out, colded out, and winded out. Looks like we have to cancel. Doggone it! If we had gone, I would be hanging on just like Levi and whimpering.