B&BY Presentation at Marine Mart Apr 27 in Washington NC

ricknriver

Hi, Graham and Carla have agreed to help with my efforts to promote a Family Boatbuilding program in Washington NC.  They will be doing a follow-up to the their last fall's program and probably bringing a Mandy/Amanda kit to show and discuss.  The program will be at the annual Washington NC Marine Mart (marine flea market 9am-6pm) on the waterfront Saturday, April 27th, probably from noon-3 or 4. Planning to have some B&B boats on display too. More details as they develop.  Rick

More into on Marine Mart at http://www.washingtononthewater.com/.  Appears antique outboard and classic craft displaying too.

• 2 weeks later...

All is still on for Apr 27, and anyone who would like to bring and show off their B&B yacht of any size :-) would be most welcome. Let me know soonest so I can set up parking spots for your trailer near the presentation tent. Thanks, Rick

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Bumped this to let all know additions to the Washington NC Marine Market 9 am to 6 pm, now include displays of boats and motors by the Carolinas Chapter of the Antique Outboard Motor Club, with some 25 motors for sale, and the Traditional Small Craft Group of Raleigh.  Graham's 1-4pm presentation on Mandy/Amanda/Jessy will be in the big tent.  Also includes the Beaufort County Music Festival including the BC Traditional Music Association performances, and marine vendors new and used. Great weather predicted too. Rick

Hi, Really great to have your knowledge, skills, and boats all coming.  Was allocated our area yesterday, and will do a layout later today.  The event begins at 9 am, Graham's presentation is scheduled from 1-4 in a tent adjacent to our boat display area.  I think (and will try to ensure) our display area will be accessible to our boat trailers into the morning so you don't have to be here by 9 AM :-), but earlier better so please let me know when you may be able to arrive. For those familiar with our waterfront, we will be just west of the Chamber of Commerce building on the grassy area, on the water.  Will have more details next day or so. Thank you very much for helping us promote family wooden boat building.  Rick, 252-945-4472

Great Bill & All, Will make room.  We have a nice location on the waterfront just west of the little brick Chamber of Commerce building, and at the east end of the open waterfront area.   Look for the big white tent. Raleigh traditional craft and antique OB motors will be next to us. If coming from the south up US-17, cross the Pamlico River bridge, to right on 3rd St, then right on Market (1st traffic light) to the traffic control point at the waterfront.  Go right at the control point and our area will be on the left.  Coming from Gville area, stay on 5th (US-264), across US-17, to Market St. then right to the waterfront and the control point. Tell the controller, you're with the Family Boat Building display. Looks to be good weather and a fun day. Starts at 9 am and closest to then the better.  Ends at 6pm and hopefully you all can stay till then, show off you boats and handiwork, and introduce attendees to wooden boat building.  Thank you all very much for helping with this program, Rick

Nice array of B&B boats! Thanks to Rick (ricknriver) for putting this deal on, and thanks to Graham & Carla & Alan for their amazing demo on assembling a S&G boat - "Jessy" a new B&B design 12' planing skiff.

Pic on right, sides and bulheads wired and temp screwed into place, pic on left bottom panels wired on. Demo began at 0100 hours, Rick made introductions, Graham said a few words, and the fun began. Hull wired up @ 0140 hours, figure about 30 minutes!

post-762-0-73466600-1367145031_thumb.jpg

post-762-0-61342100-1367145064_thumb.jpg

Was a fun day and in addition to Graham & Carla, I have to add thanks to Tony Day (PS22), Bill Hokeyhydro (Diva), Alan and Taylor (CS17), for bringing their boats and actively introducing visitors to their boats and boat building, Tom Wash the new owner of my BRS15, Beth Byrd the Washington Harbor District Alliance Director who invited us and set the tent and PA for us, and all the display visitors that continue to show an increased interest in messing about in wooden boat building.  Rick