On New Server March 16th, 2013

Frank Hagan

I have moved the forums to a new server in preparation for restarting my hosting company.

Let me know if you notice any difference, good or bad, in the forum performance.

You may have to log in again, as the cookies that allow you to auto-login sometimes change in a server move.

Can some of you try to upload images to this thread? I have at least one member who is having trouble uploading pictures, and I don't know if its the board, or the new IP address (and his security software), or some other issue.

I can upload images, but I want to make sure others can.

Thanks, guys. One user has reported issues, and he's not getting any error messages returned ... just gets the upload in progress icon but it never completes. I don't think it has to do with the settings on the back end (I increase the size of image allowed, and the space per member allowed just now). I'm looking to see if there is some conflict between the board software and security software when the IP address changes.

Wasn't the single file max size 8mb before?  I used to be able to post the same photos that now don't work.

It came over as 1MB in the move, and I had increased it to 2. I just re-set it to 8MB per image, increased the maximum image size to 1366 x 768 (from 800 x 600), and set the individual storage limit at 750MB (up from 500MB before). Can you try another pic to see if it uploads?

My photos are approximately 3MB each and they will not load.  The message I get is:   "Upload Skipped (This file was too big to upload)"

You can upload up to 16MB of files (Max. single file size: 2MB)      is shown when I go to the image loading interface.

My photos are approximately 3MB each and they will not load.  The message I get is:   "Upload Skipped (This file was too big to upload)"

You can upload up to 16MB of files (Max. single file size: 2MB)      is shown when I go to the image loading interface.

I wonder why the other user isn't getting any kind of error message like you are getting? Maybe they are being blocked by his browser.

The 2MB limit s a server-side (PHP) limit not the forum software limit, and I missed that. I adjusted it to 150MB for the server (the software should limit you at 8MB for forum images). Can you re-try?

The file downloads most of the way now, but then I get a pop up with this message:

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: http://messing-about.com/forums/public/js/ips.attach.js:845

If I click stop it just continous trying to finish the download forever.  If I click skip, the page freezes and the pop up comes up again every 15 seconds or so.

I to have gotten the script message.   My upload seems to finish, and then just disappears.   And the page just quits.  I can scroll up and down, but can't upload again until I x off the page.  When I return I can try again, but it continues to just disappear.  Some times the page just locks up and I have to wait for the message that tells me the page is not responding.  If I reload the page, the same thing happens again.

OK, if I can impose on you guys to try again ... thanks to your efforts I was able to duplicate the problem on my end, and then edit some PHP settings to allow larger uploads. The one of my grandson at LegoLand is just over 2MB, so I think I have it configured correctly now.

I to have gotten the script message.   My upload seems to finish, and then just disappears.   And the page just quits.  I can scroll up and down, but can't upload again until I x off the page.  When I return I can try again, but it continues to just disappear.  Some times the page just locks up and I have to wait for the message that tells me the page is not responding.  If I reload the page, the same thing happens again.

If you can try it again ... I think I have it nailed down now (at least I know where to go to adjust the settings that are affecting the upload!)