fishman38 OK20

Fishman38

Thanks Dave.  And LennieG.  I am indeed ready to get her sunny side up!  Getting help lined up for a week from tomorrow, giving a day or two, depending on how construction of the frame/cradle goes.  I'll post pictures of that process.  Dave, your method of "going it alone" is very tempting and I do believe I could do it but it would be very dicey given the limited space I have and I really don't want to buy tackle that I would probably never use again.  Also I want to minimize the chances of damaging the paint after all I went through getting it to look halfway decent.  But it is definitely an interesting challenge!

Jerry

Should have someone there with you.  If I hadn't taken a full round turn with my control line she would have gotten away from me.  Can't wait to see it upright.  All your hard work is paying off.  I think only another builder knows how much work goes into it.

Thanks Dave!  Once I get her back inside I'm going to take a few days off and go for a ride around Colorado before starting on the interior.  And when I do start on that I hope you and others will field some questions, such as any tips you can offer on locating and drilling the holes for the bow eye bolt and the stern drain. ..... It's going to be like starting a new project for me but must say I'm looking forward to it.

I have done the editing on the video and am going to try to attach it here.  There seem to be issues with the file type extension so we'll see.............nope, still doesn't work.  Will try again later.

Wow!  That's a much longer list than I had found on their site or any of their dealers.  I think maybe I can find something there that will work.  Thanks Dave!

Later:

BTW I think I've found a 24 gal model that will work perfectly.

Now you will have to find a dealer who will ship it as Moeller doesn't sell direct.  It may take a few weeks to get them so start now.

Guess I'm not sure how to answer that Trev.  I'm trying to build her like Graham designed her, which like most power boats I think, is with the keel concealed by the bottom sheathing.  Matter of fact, I think the chine flats function somewhat like an external keel does on a sailboat by helping stabilize the craft in turns.  Mind you I'm speculating here as I know very little about sailboats and sailing nor boat designing for that matter.  I'm sure there are many on this forum who can provide a better answer to your question.