Curlew Stern

Joe Feager

Joe, don't know where everyone is and being I have only built one kayak (Curlew) I hesitate to try to answer questions.  One does not make me an expert.  But here is a picture of the stern area of my Curlew.  The gunwales do not extend past the frame and lash to the stern.  They butt against it and are lashed together infront of the frame.  I'm pretty sure this is correct, because I posted these pictures as I built and wasn't told it was wrong.

post-19-0-15046400-1359649991_thumb.jpg

Paul,

Thanks for getting back.  I thought I'd get some input but then figured I was ok.  (No news being good news) I checked some other pic's and saw minor differences only so went ahead this morning and glued up.  One difference I have noticed compared to some others is that my stem had a notch to receive the keel past frame 1'0" to help tied all together. 

Joe