new 1 day record

Hirilonde

Today (30th) showed 109 members. It's winter, most of you are cold, stuck indoors and fiddling around on the PC. I was pressure washing my neighbor's driveway in a tee shirt today (low 80's), so I don't know your pain, but I hope it's a bright spot for Frank, who deserves all he can get, for the effort and diligence he's provided here. If everyone donated a penny for each vist, I'll bet he'd had no funding issues any more.

• 2 weeks later...

We actually had 315 on the old software one day. Most online at one time was just over 100 ("at the same time" means within a 15 minute period with that software, so its a little deceptive).

So far we're good on the reseller account I have, so cost is definitely not a problem! Archiving the older posts really helped with the server stress and doesn't seem to cramp anyone's style.

It was 315 total, members and guests. I don't recall why it was that high, but I always suspected the old software counted the visits incorrectly. I think it counted multiple visits by the same person as separate visits; the new software counts the member as visiting that day if he visits once or 100 times. A lot of people will check back in several times a day if they have a question they are interested in, etc.

This is not the record low - I'm guessing the record low was before I logged on.   1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

"reading this topic" means fellow forum readers in the exact same topic as you. If you look on the forum index page you'll see how many are online reading *something* on the forums. Right now, I'm the only one reading this topic just like you were, but the forum index shows 28 people on line (7 members, 19 guests and 2 anonymous users). Google and Bing are among the guests.

Still, we're a really small community. The Wooden Boat forum is more than 10 times our size with over 33,000 members. I don't know if they have purged their membership rolls at any time, though. I periodically remove people who haven't visited in the past year, so our 2,807 total members are active members (many never post, but log on and read things).