CS 20 photo update May 4

Hello all,

this week has been a good one for progress. The seats are cut to size, lots of work done on stern area.

Soon to roll over. The trailer guy came on Friday and has started thinking how much to charge me too.

We decided to split the difference in the stern and have gone halfway up with the rear seat. It is looking good as Eric has cut ply to chamfer/angle the edges. I reckon it will be great. Gives a good spot to roost and look forward and allows more storage under the seat.

Comments/criticisms welcome....

Rob

http://homepage.mac.com/blackburns/PhotoAlbum32.html

ps. I buggered up the website the other day with the original photos. I was trying to free up space on my idisc and sort of deleted the lot. Never mind. Shall put a summary up soon.

Rob,

Thanks for the pictures! Perhaps a picture of you and your work crew would be a nice addition? I think so. Eric's daughter is a cutie. Maybe 3 or 4 years old? Looks to be the same age as my granddaughter.

What is Jarrah?

The boat is looking sweet!!

Regards,

Greg Luckett

Rob,

Looking good! I like the rear deck seat. It lets you get up above the passengers to see over them. I've seen it work on some other boats like the Haven 12 1/2. The key to the looks I think will be how the coakpit coaming ties into the transom. So I'm anxious to see the finished product.

It will also make it easier to hang the motor on the raised transom. Although to sit here while underway may slow you down from too much weight in the rear especially if you have a motor hung on the transom.

Keep up us updated.

Tim

Tim,

I think it will be good. The thing about the boat that I like so far is it is a big boat really, but still accessible ie the kids can get over the side when on the beach and I reckon that the rear locker will be good for lounging, fishing etc.

The deck/coaming ... we are going to run it parrallel to the hull all along after it starts at the front. We are also putting extra timber in under it as I am fearful of bending things with a bit of weight on them.

Greg asked what Jarrah is... it is a West Australian hardwood that is quite red/brown in colour and fabled for strength.

http://www.jarrahclocks.com/about_jarrah.htm

Gives a good yarn on the subject.

Rob