B&B Messabout?

wkisting

Rick like I said earlier I'm going to try to make it and my friend Don wants to come along also. A few years ago at the mess-about he caught enough sea trout, flounder and red fish to feed everyone there that wanted fish, right off Grahams dock. We fried fish and had a few cold ones right there at the gazebo, fond memories for me. He even left Graham a basket of fish and crabs after we left.

We got there a few days early with my Belhaven and stayed a few days after. We sailed her out to Ocracoke, then back the next day in a small craft advisory with rolling waves higher than the cabin.

That boats always took good care of me out there. Hope you went through all the proper steps and ceremonies when you changed her name. ;):) I want you to have the same luck I always had with her. :)

I would like to talk to you about replacing those bomar hatches in the seats. Kyle found some new ones by Beckson that look to be completely leak proof and very low profile. She's using them on her Belhaven. The best way is doing them as Graham has it designed, but that would be a lot of work considering the boats done. I'm going to try to talk her into flying out to the mess-about, but she lives nearly on the other coast so that wouldn't be cheap.

I have a small house to build for some friends, but if its under roof I can get away for 4 or 5 days.

There are so many new designs to see at this years get together I hate to miss it. It would be nice if Peter's new 28 was done and there also.

I Scott

Sounds fun. Hope you and Don can make it. Trout and flounder been running good. Still haven't changed her name formally but plan to have it done soon as some mates in my CG Auxiliary group (former CG family) are experts at it and I'm looking forward to the festivities. Have to name the little BRS15 too. Have my Auxiliary patrol deck boat finally sorted out and now on to the BH for cushions, galley & misc stuff I want to do, and general cleanup so she's as sharp as you had her. Would like to see the new, more flush, Beckson hatches for a possible retrofit. Hope to see ya soon, Rick

Scott, it would take an army to get my Princes to the meet. On top of being a natural born slowpoke I scraped my knee and got a nasty bug in it. So I haven't done much last 2 weeks. Sometimes I get the feeling this boat is going to be the end of me. But that is just fine with me - boat building is as good a way to go as any I guess.You're always welcome to drop in for an inspection. PeterP

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry Peter I missed your last post on this thread. Going to do what ever I need to do to try to make it. But it seems like when all is going well around here there's something sneaking up on me in the dark.

Yes if I make it I would like to stop by on my way home and see your 28 again.

Scott

There is an old hotel in Bayboro that's ok but only has a few rooms. Oriental and New Bern lodgings not too far. Graham normally allows camping in the woods near his shop and the dock and has a portapotti for us. Some stay on their boats, tents, pickup campers, Let Carla know if you are coming so she can plan for Sat evening chow. Friday we normally gather at a local Italian restaurant for no-host supper. R