Stonefly Maiden Voyage

Aaron Newman

Very nice! I have no use for a canoe in my life any more, but now I have to find an excuse to build one.

Was a fun project. I may have to tackle a kayak some day.

Looks good! What finish did you apply to the skin?

I applied Rustoleum oil based Almond color. Three coats with a little extra on the whip stitch seams.

You are now officially part of a unique group, you got the talent and do good work.....what do you have you're sites set on next?

Thanks. I would like to tackle an old Chris Craft restore, not having much luck finding one. I did stumble across a site that has plans for replicas may go that route some day.

It did turn out well. Thought I recognized the color. ;)

Thanks. I would like to tackle an old Chris Craft restore, not having much luck finding one. I did stumble across a site that has plans for replicas may go that route some day.

You are ambitious! I have mine in the shop and hoping to start in on it this week. I figure at least 6 months and probably closer to a year before it is back on the water.

376554_10151049236818637_24642877_n.jpg

If your looking for a boat to use and really enjoy, it's hard to beat a Sea Skiff. Not as pretty and will never draw as much attention as all the varnish but I would not trade mine for a varnished runabout, as much as I love them. Would much rather spend my day in this on the water. And depending on where you are, they are much cheaper too.