Forum Changes

Frank Hagan

It's been nearly 3 months, and it is working. No one has complained about the archiving. The software "archives in place" stripping the threads of most database operations. They look exactly the same, except that you can't reply to them. Any thread that needs to be resurrected can be, and I was waiting to see if anyone would request a thread re-opened. If I got a lot of requests, I would back off on the archiving (right now, all threads over six months old are archived.)

And it really did reduce the load on the server.

Thanks, you sound a bit better too. And FWIW I have not missed anything that I knew about. Of course thats not saying much anyway.

Things are better on the personal front; the business is doing well (if "well" is the right word for working harder for about half the pay!) But at least I'm building for the future again instead of wondering if I can buy a sailboat, anchor it off-shore, and live off the grid.

• Like 1