added just for grins

Well, back in the `50s when I was a wee pup (age 12) my dad insisted I paint my runabout coral so he he could spot it among all the standard white boats. I figured black went with coral and painted the deck insert and seats black. Shortly before the sun heat blistered the black paint I blistered my skinny butt. Many hours of scraping, sanding, and varnishing ensued - lesson learned.

What's the problem? Everyone knows that if you strike the end of a drywall screw it will shear off at which point you can throw a little dap spackle on it and good as new.

Yikes, can't imagine this guys seamanship is much better than his ship building skills be afraid on the water be very, very afraid.

Years ago, I was working in Cracker Boys yard in Ft Pierce Fl. In addition to we contractors, they allowed do-it-yourself jobs.

Two guys were installing a new sole in a fair sized power boat, sitting on a trailer. After they screwed the soles in, they got ready to launch.

Boat would NOT come off the trailer. So they ran it into the Travel-lift and hoisted it -trailer came up with it til the sheer weight tore it loose

Turns out they had done pretty much the same thing, only THEY had screwed into the bunk boards. Had about two dozen screws each side.

Some REALLY red faces, and many many grins at their expense.