Ravenwood and Curlew 2

Rex Maddy

Hello Jeff,

I built a cedar strip kayak a few years ago. My real goal has been to make a skin on frame.

Do you have the Ravenwood or Curlew 2 kits ready to ship out or is there a back order? I am a recreational (exercise, and watching wildlife) paddler and found that racing is a good way to ruin an afternoon on the water. I would be paddling mostly on a 15 acre lake where we live, Lake Monroe (Bloomington IN), White River and the Wabash Rivers. The Curlew (15') or the Ravenwood (15' 6") sound plenty long. My wife occasionally accompanies me. On those trips we have a 12'6" Catalyst and a 13' Catalyst when I am alone I use the 17' cedar strip. If I can get one of these kayaks, the 2 seater canoe you are talking about also sounds interesting. Any advice on Curlew 2 or Ravenwood

would be appreciated.

Rex Maddy

rvmaddy@comcast.net

765-342-3268

I don't keep kits in stock, I just cut them as someone orders. I never know which boat someone will want. I can almost always get one shipped in a week, another reason I don't stock anything.

I do have a Short Shot kit sitting in the shop. There was a mix-up on an order. I could even discount it a little just to get it off the shelf if you're interested. I need to cut one frame for it but I am out of plywood. Unless work gets in the way I am heading up to my supplier to pick up some Wednesday or Thursday. I have a new boat I am about start building for myself.

As for the two boats, the main difference is the styling. Curlew would be slightly easier/faster to paddle but the difference is negligible. The main difference in them is the styling.