half hull model

Hirilonde

While only half of a boat, and rather small at that, I figured that since it was made by me, made out of wood and boating related I could post this here :P

Originally half hull models were not an art form as such, but a tool or technique in the design process. Many were saved and displayed like art, but that was not the purpose. Capt. Nate had no 3-D computer rendering program to help him visualize and create the shape he was looking for. The best way to do that was to make a model. Most half hull models showed little if any detail, they were merely a rendering of the shape of the hull. Often the cabin, if there was to be one, would not even be included in the model. It had nothing to do with what the designer was working on. Though sometimes later in the process a more detailed model including the cabin and more might be made to help in the process.

Even though I am using the half hull model as an artistic expression I am trying to stay true to the details, or rather lack of. I have however chosen to include more than would probably have been included if this were really a tool of the designer. I consider this my artistic license. Anyway, here is what I have come up with...............

DSCN0135.jpg

DSCN0138.jpg

DSCN0137.jpg