CS15 sailing video

DeeeCeee

Hi folks,

Some time ago somebody posted that there was not much build/in-use info on the CS15.

Seeing it was such a nice day here today I decided to take my camera out with me and take some "sailing" video and attempt to post it here for others to enjoy.

I mounted the camera on a stick in the rear corner of the transom, not waterproof so I wanted it out of the spray.

Next time I'll make the mount a bit more solid and maybe try to rig up some sort of gimbal arrangement.

Anyway the result wasn't too bad for the first try.

Maybe I'll try to fly the stays'l next time too, although you wouldn't see much of it from this angle.

Cheers

Dave

Dave that is awesome, and thanks for taking the time to post. My CS15 build of hull #29 is still a ways off, and posts like this help keep the fire kindled.

The only sailing experience that I have is on the windjammer Mary Day, as a tourist who only helped raise and lower sails, and a lesson at Lanier Sailing

on Lake Martin in Alabama, a couple years ago, so I was paying attention to what you were doing with the sails.

Your video has left me thirsty for more.

Thanks again,

Dave Lombard

G'day Dave (Lombard)

Glad you got something from the vid clip. Not sure if you've seen it before, but I did post a link to footage of the boat taken by a mate of mine just after we launched last year.

A bit better conditions on this day and achieved a bit of surfing/planing downwind but unfortunately got away from the camera boat in the end...

You'll find the link back in this post:

http://messing-about.com/forums/topic/7115-cs15-22-redneck/

Cheers

Dave

• 2 weeks later...