28 foot Crusier

Scott Dunsworth

I have got her turned over and on a building trailer that I can pull in and out of the shop. Graham got the lines right, she looks good. I will be moving her to the new shop next weekend. Next we will grind the nasties off and glass the inside. It took us ten hours to turn over ( the beam was greater than the inside height of the building ) and five hours to get it on the trailer.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got the electric turned on in the new shop this week :).  So today I started getting all the nastys sanded down so I can start glassing the inside this weekend. feels good to get at it again in a serious way. It's been a long time building two houses and a shop. But now I will be back at it. Building a larger boat is like getting married, its seems like its for life. I keep reminding myself, just one piece at a time.

Hats off to you Peter for enduring and having the talent to build such a beautiful 28. 

I got a Catalina 22 that I restored for a friend back in 09. He has kept it garaged since then, so its still like new. I will now have a boat to go sailing in again. I haven't been sailing since my Belhaven left me. It will be nice to hit the water again. Unlike my Belhaven it is much heavier and takes forever to setup , I don't know if my V 6 will pull it across the mountains to the mess=about. I may take extra time and come anyway.

Scott

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Scott,

I'm sorry to hear you won't be finishing the 28 footer.  The classified adds associated with the Small Craft Advisor magazine are free and read nationally by people with a soft spot for a project like this one.  Smallcraftadvisor.com 

Thanks again for building Belhaven19 hull #3 (now Clementine).  I'm enjoying the boat and give you credit every time someone ask me if I built it.

best of luck

• Like 1

• 1 year later...