Long overdue pictures of my First Attempt CS with mast in 3 step

sitearch

Hi All,

I know it is long overdue but I promised to send pictures of my CS with the main mast/sail in the 3rd step. After all of the helpful discussions and advice you all provided me I have had a several trips sailing my little CS solo with the single sail only and I have loved it. The attached picture is on last sail of the season was on Big Lake Alaska. It was a sunny, bright, day in the high 40's with a very light breeze. I had a blast. She performed crisply and was well balanced and I had the entire lake to myself. It was so nice I was able to dock her under sail which is rare here. What fun.

To see her underway check out my video clip on YouTube. Search for "Grandpa Clayton sailing Big Lake Alaska 1".

Thanks to you all again for your wonderful advice and help.

Regards to all and Happy "Wintering" until next season,

Bob

First Attempt

Eagle River AK

post-712-0-80198400-1318620017_thumb.jpg

Looking good! Glad you found a solution that works well for you.

The golden foliage in the background makes me nostalgic for a good 'ol Midwestern Autumn. Down here in Georgia, the colors just don't seem to pop as beautifully as they did back in eastern Iowa along the Mississippi. Of course, we haven't made a trek up to the north Georgia mountains yet, where I hear the colors are much prettier.

• 2 weeks later...