Princess 26 interior pictures?

Brent

Anyone have pictures of a Princess 26 interior?

I see the layout on B&Bs website, but would like to see how that manifests in three dimension. There are surely many layout possibilities also.

The effective use of head room is a key point of thought, recognizing I wont be able to stand up in a Princess, except when in the hatch. I am curious how people have utilized the interior space for best effect.

• 3 weeks later...

First off, what gorgeous work! Would love to spend a couple hours crawling all over that thing and interviewing the builder(s).

A couple observations.......appears the cabin was extended aft to bulkhead #4 if that is the mizzen tabernacle on the inside face of the aft cabin bulkhead. Curious what that did to the interior layout (should have opened it up some). If so, what happened to bulkhead #3?

Also, this layout appears to have flipped the galley to starboard vs. the port galley shown in the original drawings. This seems to be a reasonable alternative to putting the galley over/behind the CB trunk, as that puts that space under a bunk where it can be accessed, and then allows access to all the space below the galley. That way, you could put water tanks below the sink, yet still be able to access them for cleanout, drainage, etc.

I'm like the rest. Hope more pictures surface........and soon!

Thanks for all the toilet humour, yeah I may have got that wrong. Just to ease your minds a couple more pics.

I did indeed make #4 the main bulkhead and left as much of #3 as possible.

The water tank is under the cockpit floor in the forward area- built in ply/glass.

Access dictated position of companionway/galley.

We have a transom door, too stiff in the joints for climbing over the side.

A 10 hp honda 4 stroke will go in the outboard well and will I hope tilt up thru a transom slot.

The cabintop is 3 layers of 6mm and we cut out a portion over the galley area, raised it 100mm and that gives us full headroom there.

Aha, I see. Your PS 26 is looking very nice. The raised portion of the deckhouse is nicely proportioned. I'd have to raise it another 6" to clear my skull by a couple inches and that might look a little strange. Was there a particular reason you did not extend the raised section to the sides of the deckhouse?

Thank you for the photos. Have you been sending them to Graham or Carla? If so I'll get to see them when my study plans and CD arrive!

• 4 weeks later...

Wayne, Thanks for these pictures, this is exactly what I was hoping for. From the details I can see this is not your first build. Nicely done.

I too am thinking about the seat saloon and extending the cabin back to the mizzen. Please keep the pictures coming when you have the opportunity.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Looks very nice Wayne. I now have a set of Princess 26 plans and any doubt about building just went away. That is a nice looking boat. That is a BIG looking boat.

BTW, it could be an optical illusion but are those chine logs?

How long do you think before she floats?