Sign in to follow this  
Dig

CS17 CS 15 Sydney and nearby?

All

Still procrastinating about which model to build (and wondering where I might actually build a boat without space or shed). Are there any builders or owners of either CS17 or CS15 in Sydney or nearby?

DIG

PS I also like the look, although its a very different vessel, of John Welsford's S.C.A.M.P. designed for Small Craft Advisor. What does anyone else think?

Hi DIG,

I'm a CS17 builder who lives in Canberra. Unfortunately, my boat didn't follow me down here from North Carolina, but you asked about builders or owners...

I know there's a gentleman somewhere to the South of here who's got a Core Sound. Hopefully he'll say hello, too.

Ken, thanks for the reply. Do you still own a CS? Is it back in NC? Maybe I should broaden my search criteria to East Coast. I know that there are a couple of CS in QLD and probably others around as well. I just wanted to talk to a few skipper / owners face to face and maybe see a boat or two in 'the flesh' if possible.

Peter HK, I have family in Bris Vegas so when next I am coming up I might contact you if that's OK? shall I send you an PM email off forum?

There's also Dee Cee with the CS 15 RED NECK. Maybe hear form him too.

Cheers

DIG

Hi Dig

I agree it's best to PM me when you have a plan.

I haven't met Dee Cee or seen his boat as yet but he's in the Wooden Boat Association of Queensland, and as my brother is editor of the newsletter I could probably get some contact details if he doesn't see this on the forum.

Cheers

Peter HK

Gday Digg - I have a 17 that I rebuild and have been sailing for a number of years - lakes, harbours (including Sydney and Jervis bay), blue water when I feel brave enough - very capable boat. I'm in Cobargo, way down on the south coast. I'll let you know if I am coming north anytime with the boat - or come for a drive down south and we can go for a sail. Happy to give any advice from my experiences

cheers

Davo