CS 17 #318 For Sale

sukiebacon9

Yup, this is a sad day when I list my beloved "Lady Grace" for sale.

For long time readers of this forum you may remember me posting questions during the construction, starting in March '08 and finally finishing in June of '10. I attended the much renowned Short Reach Regatta in Maine in July of '10 and had a wonderful time. I even gave Ray a run for his money! Ok, now the facts:

This boat was built from a kit prepared by Graham Byrnes. I also bought the sails and hardware kit from him, so it's pretty much to the plans. The sails are sleeve luff, and she is fast. (Just ask Ray)

Additional gear includes an (oversized, for camp sailing) anchor, 40 lb thrust electric motor and battery, Anderson self bailer, swimmers boarding ladder attached to the transom, "stepper helper" on the main mast, (and another one for the mizzen which I've not yet installed), "rigging board" which covers the port foot well next to the center board for ease of walking around during rigging, and a "thing shelf" installed in the rear of the cockpit to hold binoculars, water bottle, and all the other stuff that tends to clutter up a boat. There is also a trailer, with waterproof LED lights and a 2" hitch. I tow this boat on the highway at 70 mph without a shudder.

She's ready to sail!

I'm asking $8,000.

Inqueries may be made at sukieclark@hotmail.com

Sukie, we do limit posting of pictures to people with a few posts (because in the long distant past I had a very unfortunate picture posted by a new member). You may be able to post them now. You can also "include" images from other sites using the URL of a picture hosted elsewhere (there's a little picture icon on the bottom row of the editor, about in the middle, next to the "<>" icon). I used that to put in the URL of one of your pictures at Picasaweb:

ladygrace2.jpg

• 4 years later...

Just for the record, I am now the owner of the boat. I think I am the 3rd owner.  I am very pleased with so far --although I haven't yet got it into the water.  But the workmanship looks good and it is holding up well now in 2015.  

Would like to thank the original builder of this boat.  Thank you!  

The boat now makes its home in Minnesota --a long way from New Hampshire. 

If anyone else has background information on this boat, let me know.  

Mine is just a collar with the forward half raised and the aft half shallow.  It is made of Maple, glued into an octagon and turned down on my lathe to a circle, like a doughnut.  It could be a glue up or one piece that is cut on a band saw and dressed with  a router and/or by hand. 

post-442-0-59980300-1447952255_thumb.jpgpost-442-0-21697700-1447952293_thumb.jpg

Others have made a swivel that captures the butt of the mast for raising, almost like a tabernacle.  Maybe they will chime in.

• Like 1

I'm not sure Sukie still follows this forum.  I revived the thread because I had just bought the boat that she built and wanted to make a connection with the owner. [ I have by the way.] 

And yes, I think JRich has it right about the helper on the boat. 

The boat really is in great shape and ready to go --a testament to the fine workmanship of the builder.  I plan on installing sail tracks on the masts and either converting the old sails or buying new ones.  Other than that, the boat is ready for spring.