okcracoke 20 in nz

nzlance

Big wednesday. I built a wooden frame around both ends of the boat to protect it, got some friends around and rolled it over. It worked a treat. The hull had to be rotated 180 degrees so the bow faced out of the car port, entire process took less than 10 mins...... many hands make lite work. Im lucky to have such good mates.

post-1597-0-78756900-1323849156_thumb.jpg

post-1597-0-94491700-1323849210_thumb.jpg

post-1597-0-69147100-1323849259_thumb.jpg

post-1597-0-32325600-1323849305_thumb.jpg

If you are woundering which one of this motley crew is the actual boat builder. Im the good looking one, third in from the left, blue t-shirt, black cap.

Actually I was more wondering what your mates thought of you standing around playing with your camera while they moved your boat around.

Looks like a great way to finish up the year of boat building. Merry Christmas.

I dig the cool rollover frame. Better than my usual system, just flip the bugger. Usually by myself, or maybe Milady lending hand which costs me kitchen pass points.

Beautiful hull. Pretty work. Only 20' so your boat rollover pals will have to draw straws for first voyage crew :-)

Well in theory Gordy will have the thing on a trailer in the comming months so this bunch will be surplus to requirements until the next one is built.

Cheers dm merry xmas to you too, I will keep posting . Atleast there will be some more interesting pics rather than just a bloody hull upsidedown from every angle!

The roll over frame Hokey worked better than I thought it would. I was half expecting the weight of the boat to be to much and the whole thing fall apart....(the frame not the boat) But the hull was quite lite and all went smoothly. And as far as who goes first voyage ect......... well im currently boatless, and have been blagging my way onto many of these guys boats now for the past 6 months, so it will be time to repay the favor bigtime when this thing is finished.

Beautiful! Your trim tab pockets are truly a work of art. Trailing edge of the bottom appears fairly sharp as well - closer to cutting edge is faster. While epoxy/fiberglass is green on that edge I add epoxy thickened well with milled glass fiber to give that edge a crisp point. On normal frozen snot pulled-from-a-mold boats cleaning that edge up can add a few knots.