My first boat is gone

Johnny Socko

2 summers ago I built a 10 foot version of a PDRacer. Took it out a couple times, and it has been sitting on it's side since. Well yesterday my wife and I put it out by the street with a sign the read "Free to a good home" It only lasted out there for 2 1/2 hours. Another guy named John stopped and had to have it. He has a campsite along the Allegheny River. they have a "Tom Sawyer" regatta and always wanted to be in it. Well this is his year. I gave him my email and he said he would update me. I am looking forward to hearing from him. Here is a pic as she stood in my front yard.

John

post-787-0-89820400-1309225133_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

I know exactly how you feel. I gave my first boat to the Sea Scouts when I left home for the Navy. I have always regretted that one. Since then, I have had several boats, each with lots of memories attached. I always feel melancholy when one leaves. The money in my pocket does help though. :)