Stevenson Weekender

corkman1958

Thanks Frank,

I'll edit a quick bit about the hoops to show what they look like and post it.

To the Sparrow: You might want to get in touch with the fellows from around the Petaluma/Napa areas. They sail up the Delta or trail up and sail back down to the bay and you're all within a fairly easy trailering range. (actually, so am I, come to think of it! It'd only be a couple of hours up to those areas and I'd enjoy putting the SSkipjack in up there. I need to get a new axle for the trailer: I dislike the dinkoid 8" wheels on this one...)

Mike

Why would you need a new axle? Just switch the wheels out with larger ones. Wally world has 12's in both 4 bolt and 5 bolt and you will probably need to tweak the fenders up a bit.

Hmmm. I had originally thought to do that but no place around here has easy trailer bits. (Odd, in that Monterey is a harbor, but not too many homebuilders and small stuff. We have a West Express, which is a kind of Stop-n-Go of marine stores, but I'll go over to the Walmart.) That'd be certainly fast and easy! I want to drop the rpm's a bit, as trailering out from TX I could most definitely feel an increase in bearing temp at speeds of 70+. If I stayed 65 or so, they were tolerable. I just don't mush like the way the tiny tires almost fall into the massive California potholes on the freeways here.

Thanks for the reminder/tip!

Mike