Outer Banks 20 build

kokopelli

Hey guys,

I have begun to build the strongback for my OBX20 and thought I'd start a topic to see if others are building this little lobster boat too. I am doing much of the project setup and planning work now, but realistically will not really start building until the end of the summer. It is just beginning to get warmer here and summers in the PNW are just too nice to spend in the workshop!

So what are others doing?

Hey guys,

I have begun to build the strongback for my OBX20 and thought I'd start a topic to see if others are building this little lobster boat too. I am doing much of the project setup and planning work now, but realistically will not really start building until the end of the summer. It is just beginning to get warmer here and summers in the PNW are just too nice to spend in the workshop!

Please post a photo of your progress! I am sure anyone who is going to pursue the same design you have chosen would love to see photographic evidence , wink wink, of your progress and methods!!

Thanks and look forward to following your progress.

Jerry

• 2 months later...

Let me add my voice to the call for photos.

Also,are you anywhere near Seattle or points north? I too plan to start my B&B build (in this case a CS-20) sometime this summer on Whidbey Island and would love to compare notes, sources of material, etc. if you wish.

In any case, best of luck on your build.

Joe

Hey guys,

Hi, kokopelli, where are you located? I built hull no. 1 and I know you'll love her. I think the designer may have some building pictures that he took while I was building mine, so you may be able to get them from him. Is this your first building project? Holler if you have questions, lots of guys on the forum love to help!