Ravenswood frame

bentg

Hey, Jeff, things are well underway with the Ravenswood and I'm lashing in the first frames. A question, though. On the full-size plans, there are two sets of frames with the measure 7' 3" on them. Do they go side by side, or is one of them marked wrong?

Thanks,

Ben T-G

I am confused, there is no 7'3" frame? How long have you had the plans? Maybe it is an old set that had a mistake on it?? Only other thing I can think of is maybe the plotter had a problem but if it is not fuzzy printing then that is not it.

If you could take a photo and post it or email it to me that would really help.

Jeff

In the addenda there is a drawing of the profile of each boat showing the frame positions. Be sure and print that out and keep it near the boat. Maybe that will sort out what is going on.

And be sure and read the manual too. You should have all the frames in place before you start lashing, that way you can spot a problem before you have the frame lashed together.

Sorry, I was going from memory, I should have said 7'5". It's one of the open-top cockpit frames and then the 2 coaming hangers. Both labeled 7'5". I will look at that addendum, Jeff.

LATER: After looking at the addendum, I see the coaming hangers don't go where I thought they might. I'm thinking they butt up with the regular frame at 7'5", is that right?

Sorry, I was going from memory, I should have said 7'5". It's one of the open-top cockpit frames and then the 2 coaming hangers. Both labeled 7'5". I will look at that addendum, Jeff.

LATER: After looking at the addendum, I see the coaming hangers don't go where I thought they might. I'm thinking they butt up with the regular frame at 7'5", is that right?

Now I see it! Yes, the small ones are if you need them. I forgot I did it that way. With a laminated coaming they are usually stiff enough it doesn't need any support. The plywood will flex a lot if you don't add the supports.

Sorry about the mix up there.

Now I see it! Yes, the small ones are if you need them. I forgot I did it that way. With a laminated coaming they are usually stiff enough it doesn't need any support. The plywood will flex a lot if you don't add the supports.

Sorry about the mix up there.

OK, that makes sense. I'm using plywood for the bottom two rings and laminating the top, so I'll go ahead and tie them in.