Who wants to sail (or just talk boats)

Ken_Potts

Hi All,

Due to circumstances beyond my control (visa issues). I find that I need to spend 3 business days outside of Australia sometime real soon (but I just got here!) Tuesday morning I plan to go to the travel agent and get the cheapest 3-day package trip to anywhere outside the country. That might well be Auckland. Anybody want to get together for a beer or dinner and boat talk (or a sail) sometime in the next week or two?

Hey Peter,

Nope - They can't pin any of the bad stuff on me. I've only been here a week and the weather has been fine.

I just have to leave for a few days for clerical reasons.

Hey Ken ~ Why not just hop on a boat 12 nautical miles offshore for three days? Would the government buy that? ;)

Kyle

Arrgh! If only you had said that a few hours earlier! I just picked up my plane tickets so now I'm going to be crammed into an A380 instead of hanging out in your roomy rowboat. :P

So it's official. I'll be arriving in the City of Sails on Tuesday afternoon (22 March) and leaving on Friday afternoon. Anyone up for Messing About In Boats?

Arrgh! If only you had said that a few hours earlier! I just picked up my plane tickets so now I'm going to be crammed into an A380 instead of hanging out in your roomy rowboat. :P

So it's official. I'll be arriving in the City of Sails on Tuesday afternoon (22 March) and leaving on Friday afternoon. Anyone up for Messing About In Boats?

Sure Ken, I'll join you! Just wire me the ticket today (I just got called off work), and I'll meet you at the sailboat you have rented. I'll pack us a lunch.

Kyle

Kyle - The ticket is waiting for you at the Santiago Airport. Call me when you get there and I'll tell you how to retrieve it. :D

I'll saddle up my horse and try to make it by March 21st, the day before we sail off. This IS Santiago, Chile, right?

Kyle

Hi Ken

I am based near downtown Auckland. If I am in town (which I usually am) would love to have a beer (maybe look at my 1/2 finished Lapwing). Unfortunately don't have any means of getting out on the water at the moment other than a single kayak. Let me know when your plans shape up.

Richard

Hi Ken

Looked more carefully - see you are coming on Tues - I am definitely around. Email me backchannel to work out connecting up.

richard@irwinwhitney.co.nz

Hi Ken ~ My horse threw a shoe just past Venezuela, and I am stuck here on a Sunday (nobody works here on a Sunday). Looks like you will have to go with Richard's offer instead. Hopefully you can get a refund on the ticket you bought me. :(

Kyle

Sorry to hear it Kyle. Enjoy your South America trip. Post pictures ;)

Hope that you and Richard connected. I am still stuck here in SA, but slowly making my way up the coast towards Panama. Lost the camera. Hope to board a freighter from the Canal to San Fran and hoof it home to Nevada from there. It was a faster trip down since Magpie is related to Pegasus (long story), we flew with the westerlies.

By the time Magpie and I make it home, my nose will be over a foot long. :rolleyes:

Kyle