Yasi and Peter

Ken_Potts

Hey Ken

When is the big move?

Surely you specified a large boat building shed as part of the deal

I'll invite you to Queensland if it ever stops raining/ flooding/ suffering huge cyclones (hurricanes). The latest one, Cyclone Yasi, to hit northern Queensland tonight, is amazing.

Regards

Peter HK

Hi Peter,

The move will be as soon as possible. I'm trying for Feb 28 but I might miss that by a bit.

I hope you've made it through Yasi alright - That storm looked pretty bad from here.

I didn't stipulate the large shed (don't want to be greedy). I'll have a small garage at my disposal for a while, but I also got the best girl so I'm definitely moving up in the world B)

I think I'll have to build or buy a boat before I try to travel in Queensland. Based on my (very) limited experience in Australia I'm not sure why you folks call it a "Wide brown land" - Is it because of the mud? (sure was rainy when I was there)

Hi Ken

You should have been here for the last 10 years of no rain. As one old farmer put it- it takes a flood to break a drought. The sailing was good though.

I see that the flooding isn't confined to Queensland...the remnants of Yasi are causing floods in Victoria now. Looks like you'll need that boat everywhere.

Sad photo of the destruction in North Queensland below

Cheers

Peter HK

post-425-0-67473900-1296946646_thumb.jpg

Hi Ken

You should have been here for the last 10 years of no rain. As one old farmer put it- it takes a flood to break a drought. The sailing was good though.

I see that the flooding isn't confined to Queensland...the remnants of Yasi are causing floods in Victoria now. Looks like you'll need that boat everywhere.

Sad photo of the destruction in North Queensland below

Cheers

Peter HK

I hope it doesn't take a drought to break the floods. Let's have a little happy medium for a while, please.

I hate to see those boats piled up - I'm glad there wasn't more loss of life though.

Even with the destruction, it sure is fun to sail on the fringes of the storm. Some of my nicest sailing days have been near (but not too near) a hurricane.