Trolling for Ken Potts

Oyster

Sucks! Ice, snow, and now ice this morning on top, even though the bulk of the mess is melting now. Kerosene heat is mega expensive and stinks, but the only real alternative to cold wood and long drying times of the glues. I need to make headway before the spring fishing begins once again. :cool:

I can see I'm not the only person who goes to a zoo and wonders how all those animals taste (gazelles are probably very tasty, while I imagine hippos are on the greasy side, like bear).

Congratulations, Ken. But I have to ask, were you threatening to jump if she didn't say yes?

I need to make headway before the spring fishing begins once again.

I'm sure our Northern friends sympathize with your terribly short building season - They get month after month to work in those heated shops preparing for the spring thaw...Ā  :lol:

...I'm not the only person who goes to a zoo and wonders how all those animals taste...

That's bad enough, but I have a hunter friend who's been known to call the zoo elk closer so his kids could get a better look...

Congratulations, Ken. But I have to ask, were you threatening to jump if she didn't say yes?

Frank I'm shocked!Ā  :shock:Ā  I would never threaten a lady.Ā  I simply embarrased her unitl she said "Yes"Ā  :cool:

Frank I'm shocked!Ā  :shock:Ā  I would never threaten a lady.Ā  I simply embarrased her unitl she said "Yes"Ā  :cool:

You are a true gentleman, sir!Ā  :cool:

Sucks! Ice, snow, and now ice this morning on top, even though the bulk of the mess is melting now. Kerosene heat is mega expensive and stinks, but the only real alternative to cold wood and long drying times of the glues. I need to make headway before the spring fishing begins once again. :cool:

You don't really want to mix Kero and epoxy...leaves a nasty oily film onĀ  things and interferes with the epoxy curing properly. Propane and a tent to confine the space needed to heat...or electric and the same tent. Electric would probably be the cheapest and the safest.

You don't really want to mix Kero and epoxy...leaves a nasty oily film onĀ  things and interferes with the epoxy curing properly. Propane and a tent to confine the space needed to heat...or electric and the same tent. Electric would probably be the cheapest and the safest.

Thanks for your concerns. First off I am not glassing a surface. Second its impossible to heat a large shed with electric. Thirdly, I always sand and wipe down any and all surfaces before applying glues to even the most trivial items such as a skin veneer to plywood. So while your concern may have some merit to it, I also feel that the hype of the kerosene issue is a bit overblown soley from my past observation.

I think its important for folks to keep a lot of things in some form of perspective and that is we cannot build in glass bubbles and epoxy is pretty forgiving and also has some oily properties in it too. So for me personally I rank cleanliness above a lot of items to be leary of if the human being is not being oxygen starved from open and internal combustion heating.

There is probably nine out of ten barns around the banks that have heated with potbelly burners with number two heating oils without much of an issue except for black nostrils.

I'm beginning to wonder if it will ever get warm enough to sail again. It's even too cold to work on the boats outside right now.

I am thankful that we did not get any snow here in Lower Alabama, but the ever present puddle outside of West Marine was frozen this morning at 0600. We had 22 degrees and it is predicted to remain nearly that cool for the whole 7 day forecast right now. UGH! :angry:

Steve