OT - Shameless Plug

Andrew_Butchart

We all enjoy boats and I'm sure many of us enjoy music.

Quite some time ago, I discovered the weekly online/podcast of Bilgemunky Radio - http://www.bilgemunky.com/  (show link is on the right under http://www.bilgemunky.com/radio/

Every Monday evening (US time) he hosts a 2 hour show dedicated to "pirate" music.  The criteria he has usually requires some reference to boats, booze, or wenches and he has to permission from the copyright holder to broadcast (read on the site if you care).  Some of the music is quite horrible (to me), but there are quite a few gems in the mix too (to me).  He also does reviews of books, "pirate gatherings", and of course Rum.

I download it every week and listen to it while I drive.

Why am I sharing this?  Well, in part because he's a small business that has a product we boat-builders might be interested in and would be happy to have more listeners.  The other reason is that I'm trying to get a request played so if I get him more listeners, he might be more inclined to doing it without me sending a hefty bribe (which he accepts).

• 2 weeks later...

Hurray!  My request got played - he picked a Pirate Jenny song that I hadn't heard before but fit the spirit of the request well.

I haven't listened to the whole show but he's keeping mostly with the "pirate Christmas" theme if you want to get into that sort of spirit - I got a bottle of rum as a Christmas present that should help me out with that.

The show's available off his website or from ITunes