Big Blow Coming?

Steve Day

The only problem I see right now is the closure of Cape Lookout "until further notice" (I'm not fond of Forest Service fines).  If they wait until Saturday to open again it might be too late for me to get out there.

I hope the forecast is correct as far as Morehead City is concerned - It doesn't look too bad so far.

Cape Lookout is just a distination surrounded by dozens more. If you are looking for some facilities, midway shackleford banks has one several miles to the east of the most common one with the pier. If the sun is shining, you may see at least one more lost soul wondering about the back bays.

We're self contained - No facilities necessary.  I just don't want to be "hassled by the man".  I don't know how serious they are when they say the National Seashore is closed.  I wouldn't worry if I planned to sleep on the boat, but I don't want to be roused out of my tent and ticketed.

I jst read the NOAA Update and it sounds like the wind field may get larger.  Batten down the hatches just in case.

I can't imagine that Shack will be shut down, no matter what. But at presstime :smile: the storm is flying north even though the winds are dangerously high. Hopefully the speed will be maintained so that damage from Hatteras up will be minimal and it will be over come mid morning tommorrow.  Hopefully as the storm gets further north, it will be torn apart before landfall in the new england area. You do what you wish for sure.

I will also tell you that even though all the guvmint guys are gone from the shore, the surfers are there as we speak. But getting there right now and back is a death defying act, according to my last communication about thirty minutes ago.