lewisboats

Splashed:

Splashed1.JPG

Splashed2.JPG

Splashed3.JPG

Splashed4.JPG

Splashed5.JPG

Splashed6.JPG

Makes my butt look big :D ...Actually...considering there is 190lbs(ish) of me, 40-50 lbs of trolling motor battery, and 30 lbs of trolling motor all in the last 3.5 ft of the boat... she don't trim too bad at a full bore of about 4.5-5 mph. The boat carries well...with the big cross piece on the shoulders and the smaller one as a hand hold it tilts up just right to see forward properly...much like a canoe. It was harder trudging up the hill to the parking lot with the motor and battery than with the boat.

And one last. Tried the dog in there...cowering mutt just lay like a big pudding.

(and to head this one off..."maybe she knew more than me"...)

Carving a corner...those runners work real well at limiting side slip

Splashed7.JPG

The front seat was always intended to be a Cooler...which when filled with ice and sundries...and someone on top... will trim it out quite well.

In case anyone is wondering ...I was in about 2-4 ft of water with a PFD in the boat and a throw cushion too...plus I used to swim competitively and there were folks on the bank.

I think if I am going to solo I will get longer cables and put the battery up by the bulkhead, which should bring the bow down quite a bit. Trim in such a small boat is a matter of balancing just where to put the heavy stuff vs where the heavy stuff needs to be to be useful. A nice mushroom anchor in the front well will help too. I need to put a handle across the bow about 6" back from the stem to give me something to grab onto to haul it out of the water, and maybe a coupe of handles on the transom for a 2 man carry. Needs an eye for a painter too, and a couple of oarlocks.

• 1 month later...