24' cruiser launched

Oyster

Absolutely beautiful!  It looks like a great ride.  You're going to turn me into a power boater  :grin:

I hope you and your lady have some good times with that beauty.

Thanks its not a problem owning several boats you know. Some even own airplanes at the same time too. :lol:

Good luck with your Ocracoke build.

Ocracoke build?  I'm more the Marissa type, even if I am an American  :grin:

Actually, if I'm going powerboat I want a cabin and a refrigerator and a dingy, so even Marissa won't quite do it for me.  I wonder if I could figure out a sidewheel steamer/hybrid electric thingy  :cool:  It would be a good excuse for a long, Bahamian style, boiled fish breakfast every day (gotta warm up the machinery, man).

Post pictures of your summer adventures!  I'm headed out to the Sounds in a week or so for a week or so and if the trip doesn't go horribly wrong I'll try to post pictures too.

That's a beautiful boat you've got there, so please include it in some of the clamming and fishing photos.

Ken I gotta wait a bit longer for the trip reports. Its back in the closed enviroment to get its casual sunday clothes on. But for sure if this boat does not find a home, it will find the same clamming regions that Popsicle found but with some creature comforts. I did more tests on sunday afternoon with the chief engineer on board and received some critigue on areas that I need to improve or at least add to, which places more burden on the time frame for relaunching. I think another two weeks of hard out will be in order for the next shakdown.

FWIW I did find out that i can make speeds over ground with a degree of comfort without changing the rpm across numerous barges wide open and so far the boat still remains a dry ride. I ventured towards the crazy inlets and even with the marginal bottom draft and cross winds with the superstructure, I am pleased with the handling. One big smile also came upon the face of the admiral when riding the passenger seating inside and the "ac" was blowing in her face, a huge surprise and accomplishment for the engineer too. :cool: Being inside with limited air is no fun for her in any boat. Now we have four seasons ventilation for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

I have three different days now on the water for some shakedown while still continuing to detail the boat out. The boat slips onto the beach and mamma can slide off the side and swim or go ashore and then she is able to get back on without a problem. Its still for sale but will use it fo the time being.

DSC08103.jpg

DSC08089.jpg

It's good to see the sea trials are progressing well.

What's the A/C unit you put in the cabin (what model and where did you get it)?  I've got a co-worker who is about to start upgrading a new (to him) boat and might like A/C when on shore-power.

Now why did I think you were putting A/C in there?  Must be my aging memory.  I guess I'll just tell my co-worker to carve up a dorm fridge, put the evaporater in the cabin and the condenser in the water.  No - It'll work - Really!  :lol:

Which beach is that?  I see you got the boat right up to it.

I hope I can get a rain-check on that.  I just now saw the invitation and I'm already committed for the weekend.

Don't let my absence keep you off the water!

No I managed to suffer through today catching mackeral, blues, a tan and some salty clams!

We took a break and did some beach cruising with our beach cruiser, leaving the plastic fantastics to swin ashore for their boats. We managed to do the cape but the winds got to huffing after we talked about you missing out. It knew that you only went out when it was a blustery puff. Repeat performance in the am.

And yes she is still floating on her lines. :cool:

DSC08149.jpg

Judging by the traffic in that photo, and the slope of the beach, I think I know where you were.

I'm glad to hear you had a good couple of days on the water.  You wait till I get in that boat - You already know my relationship with winds, but you don't know that fish seem to evaporate once I get a fishing rod in my hands.  If we manage to get out and fish sometime, make sure you've already got a full freezer  :lol:

Judging by the traffic in that photo, and the slope of the beach, I think I know where you were.

I'm glad to hear you had a good couple of days on the water.  You wait till I get in that boat - You already know my relationship with winds, but you don't know that fish seem to evaporate once I get a fishing rod in my hands.  If we manage to get out and fish sometime, make sure you've already got a full freezer  :lol:

Whether the fish bites is not the important thing as long as you are on the water.