hoping to start new build soon

dale

With summer approaching (the grandkids will be at home with their mom) I'm eagerly awaiting the time I can start. I've changed directions though. I sent the plans for Daniel's Boat back (long story) and opted for a simpler build. I saw a post with some pics of a really nice Echo Bay Dory, http://forum.woodenboat.com/showpost.php?p=2372822&postcount=41 , and thought it would make for a quick yet classy build. This year is not the year to try something complex. I want something I can get on the water pretty quickly. I liked it but the plans are not available at the moment. So I scoured the designs that are available and have ordered the Bateau Semi-Dory 11. Looks pretty close to the EB Dory.

Here's the EBDS:

100_0591.jpg

Does anyone within 100 miles of Dalton, GA have a couple spare sheets of 3/8" okoume or meranti lying around that they would sell? Or maybe someone is getting ready to order some plywood and wouldn't mind piggy-backing a couple extra sheets to their order. I'd be glad to pay the extra shipping charge.

1271783717.jpg