Where is Ray? You okay?

Oyster

I'm not in that business any more, but three years ago the payback for installing a new boiler could be as low as a year or two.  Now, if you want a RF filter using patented high-temperature superconductor (HTS) technology with a proprietary cryogenic cooler and a low-noise amplifier, even if you have announced plans to deploy Frequency Division Duplexed  (FDD) based Long Term Evolution (LTE) networks in the 700 MHz frequency band, I'm your guy!

Sorry TomH, Frank just sold it along with his car. I happened to catch the ad on craigslist and saved the photos...

:lol:

Pat.

post-1948-129497692798_thumb.jpg

post-1948-129497692802_thumb.jpg

post-1948-129497692807_thumb.jpg

post-1948-129497692812_thumb.jpg

You would think the energy tax credits would apply to rentals as well as single family homes, but I guess they don't, so you don't get your share of the "stimulus".  Yet you will save more energy with your retrofit than 4 individual homes.

Maybe they do.  But tax credits only apply if you have a profit that is high enough to pay taxes.

Things are so bad there is no profit.  I am living off of savings.

Some of the "direct vent" units are pretty troublesome, as well as being pricey.  I would recommend a standard low mass boiler that will still save you quite a bit if a vertical vent is not a problem (it sounds like you can install one through the larger vent pipe easily enough). 

I actually have three relatively low mass furnaces that are dedicated now for Domestic hot water use that can almost hit heat demands of the buildings.

Certainly I can put two in series on one building.

Extra insulation in buildings and reduction of thermal mass via baseboard radiator removal might well do the trick of reducing below threshold of one unit alone.  In any event these existing boilers will be dramatically less thermal mass than the original 1967 furnace or the original coal furnace in the other building.

Cost of converitng the buildings willbe relatively low since the furnaces are already installed for DHW,, Just altering to use for heating too.

Maybe they do.  But tax credits only apply if you have a profit that is high enough to pay taxes.

Yeah Ray,  We need a new roof and the roofing companies make a big deal out of the $1500 tax credit we can get with a new metal roof.  In our retired bracket there is precious little good that will do us.  Still, we need the roof.

Yeah Ray,  We need a new roof and the roofing companies make a big deal out of the $1500 tax credit we can get with a new metal roof.  In our retired bracket there is precious little good that will do us.  Still, we need the roof.

Yeah, they have been pestering us that way too, but we do not need a roof that will outlast the rest of this house, and I told them that bulldozing and rebuilding was a much better idea. I have not had a call in weeks now...LOL.

Now, if you want a RF filter using patented high-temperature superconductor (HTS) technology with a proprietary cryogenic cooler and a low-noise amplifier, even if you have announced plans to deploy Frequency Division Duplexed  (FDD) based Long Term Evolution (LTE) networks in the 700 MHz frequency band, I'm your guy!

Would it be possible to get one before Christmas? Can you have it engraved "To Lucille on our 45th Christmas" and gift wrapped?

Thanks a lot,

P.S.

Can you price match to the $49.99 price advertised at BestBuy?

Almost had yourself a high tech product, right up until you got to the prices ...

Thanks for responding and the update, Ray.

We all miss your excellent advice.

Dale

Well maybe not all of us, but it sure was fun discussing things........ :grin:

I have learned a lot from Ray over the years and definitely consider his comments even when I did not agree with him, which was rare. It is nice to have discussions about topics knowing that even when you do not agree, there is real respect between folks. I respect Ray and his thoughts and advice. I think most of us here share that. :)

Ray, I have to confess to being a little cloudy on what's going on with the forum issue, but in any case, I'd like you to know I have valued your input here over the years.  I appreciate the willingness you've shown to share your experience so freely. 

The economy stinks in the bottom half of the US too.  My business has a construction project going at the moment, but nothing to follow. With the 47+ inches of rain we've had since I started in late September,  I'm not getting much done on the job I've got.